Dieses Forum verwendet Cookies
Dieses Forum benutzt Cookies um Deine Login-Informationen zu speichern, falls Du hier registriert bist oder von Deinem letzten Besuch, falls Du nicht registriert bist. Cookies sind kurze Textdateien, die auf Deinem Computer/Gerät gespeichert werden; die Cookies, die von diesem Forum erstellt werden, können nur hier benutzt werden und stellen kein Sicherheitsrisiko dar. Unsere Cookies speichern Informationen zu den von Dir gelesenen Themen. Durch den Zugriff auf diese Internetcommunity schließt du einen Nutzungsvertrag mit dem Betreiber dieser Community und erklärst dich mit den hier abgebildeten Regeln und der Datenschutzerklärung einverstanden. Wenn du mit unseren Regeln oder der Datenschutzerklärung nicht einverstanden bist, darfst du die Community nicht mehr betreten oder sie nutzen. Bitte bestätige die Frage, ob Du Cookies annimmst oder ablehnst.

Unabhängig von dieser Auswahl wird trotzdem ein Cookie in Deinem Gerät gespeichert, um Dir diese Frage beim nächsten Besuch nicht noch einmal zu stellen. Du kannst die Cookie Einstellung jederzeit über den Link in der Datenschutzerklärung ändern.

Wichtige Ankündigung
Liebe Forengemeinde,

Leider müssen wir euch mitteilen, dass mini2.info zum 30.06.2024 offline gehen wird und damit auch das Forum eingestellt wird.

Wir danken Euch für viele gemeinsame Jahre im Forum, unzählige spannende Themen und den regen Austausch vor allem in den ersten Jahren, für wundervolle Treffen und die daraus entstandenen persönlichen Freundschaften.

Bitte nutzt die Zeit, um ggf. noch Eure Daten, Bilder oder persönliche Erinnerungen zu sichern.

Euer MINI²-Team

Weitere Infos erhaltet Ihr im zugehörigen Thema: Time to Say Goodbye: MINI² geht am 30.06.2024 in den Ruhestand

FRM3 broken by BMW Service?

Hi all, sorry to write in english, my german skills are still improving slowly Smile feel free to reply in German.

I wanted to get opinion, maybe some one has had similar situation.

I bought on 26.03.2018 a second hand mini clubman (2010 / 160 000km on a clock) from BMW dealer in south Germany with new TÜV, full BMW check and Gebrauchtwagen-Garantie nr.2.

3 days ago (1.5 weeks after i bought the car) there was a rather big coolant leak, so I took the car to BMW Wandsbek in Hamburg which was about 1km away from where I was. They replaced some small Dichtungen and Kühlmittelrohren, total bill 655€ ink. MwSt. the CarGarantie did not accept the costs, but luckily the BMW dealer (Anbeten) where i bought the car 1.5weeks ago agreed to cover the charges and pay it to BMW Wandsbek in Hamburg.

So yesterday lunch time I got call from BMW in Wandsbek to say my mini clubman is fixed and i can pick it up.

4 hours later yesterday I went to BMW/MINI Wandsbek to pick up my clubman, when I started the car (in BMW Parkplatz) I see that the service light on, which was not on when i took the car to BMW/MINI service. At that point i did not even drive 1cm with the car, I went back in BMW and asked them to fix this. After about 20 min conversation with the Customer Service he promised to check my car, turned out some lights dont work, windows dont work, possibly also something more with electric. I was told that its even if the car did not have these problem before its not due to fault of BMW Service that i have now the electrical problems when i arrived to pick up the car at BMW after the service. Since i did not agree to this argument at all, and another 20 min negotiation they agreed to connect computer to the car (which seemed like a special favour from them to me). After connecting computer they confirmed that FRM3 is faulty and needs to be replaced. I guess you know the costs youselves. I was told that because it is not a new car He He, the FRM3 probably had broken after BMW/MINI Wandsbek repared the coolant leak and parked the car.

So my question after long story is when I took the car to BMW, everything was working except the water coolant issue (they had also charged the battery, thats on invoice). Is it possible that the BMW in Wandsbek has made something that has caused the FRM3 to brake? Or is it really possible that after they fixed the car, parked it in the yard where it stayed 4 hours and meanwhile broke itself before i came to pick it up.

I hope to read your opinions.

Cheers!

Hello and welcome here on Mini2 jazzclub.

The answer to your question is yes and no.

From what i know the problem lays within the FRM3-Unit. In the Scene it is known that sometimes the Memory of the Unit can "forget" some of the Information that is necessary to boot up. Due this, the Error only occurs when you force a reboot by disconnecting the battery or updating the software of the unit.
So it's not directly a fault of the BMW-Staff.

Anyway, they can't fix this because the Unit is dead to their Workshop-Testers. But there are some Coders located in Germany who can repair the unit by open and reflashing it. You should call one of those coders for further Information. I would suggest EO-Coding, very friendly and helpful guy Top

Edit: See further details here: http://support.mycarly.com/knowledge-bas...g-frm-ecu/
Zitat:Some FRM2 and FRM3 modules with very specific firmware-versions develop a fault in the boot sector after multiple years of usage. As a result, the FRM cannot restart, once it has been shut down completely. [...]

To finish this topic off. I had half of the coats paid by BMW and half by car guarantee. So happy end to this problem.Party!!

You got a happy end Top

R53 MCS: 2005/2006; R53 JCW (ab Werk): 2006/2007;
R56 Cooper S: seit EZ 07/2014 + R59 JCW: seit EZ 04/2015; Vorstellung "Vier Briten in Bayern"

Willie: "ALF, fahr sofort rechts raus!" - ALF: "Geht nicht, ich bin auf der Überholspur" Party 02

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste
Wichtige Ankündigung
Liebe Forengemeinde,

Leider müssen wir euch mitteilen, dass mini2.info zum 30.06.2024 offline gehen wird und damit auch das Forum eingestellt wird.

Wir danken Euch für viele gemeinsame Jahre im Forum, unzählige spannende Themen und den regen Austausch vor allem in den ersten Jahren, für wundervolle Treffen und die daraus entstandenen persönlichen Freundschaften.

Bitte nutzt die Zeit, um ggf. noch Eure Daten, Bilder oder persönliche Erinnerungen zu sichern.

Euer MINI²-Team

Weitere Infos erhaltet Ihr im zugehörigen Thema: Time to Say Goodbye: MINI² geht am 30.06.2024 in den Ruhestand